Welcome to the home of the First Coast Christian School Athletics. At FCCS, interscholastic athletic competition and school spirit are an important part of campus life. We offer a wide variety of championship-quality junior varsity and varsity sports.
Through athletics, we believe we can help build a foundation of good character teaching lessons that may not be learned in the daily classroom environment. All FCCS coaches encourage their athletes to strive for good sportsmanship, integrity, commitment, and awareness of the athlete’s influence on the behavior of others. We aim to make our athletes into young men and women who can be positive leaders on our campus and believe that extracurricular activities , such as athletics, mold students into well-rounded individuals and provide an important balance between teamwork and competition.
Above all, we believe that Jesus Christ should hold first place in the life of each student-athlete. Education is always considered priority and athletes must have the ability to balance school work, practices and games while maintaining a solid commitment to all. We take pride in helping student-athletes develop the character and leadership they will need beyond FCCS.
Our athletic program is geared to giving every athlete the opportunity to receive Christ as their personal Savior while participating. It is our goal to compete in a manner that exhibits the best that Christ has to offer. We encourage athletes to honor Christ in all they do, on and off the court, and while we may not win every contest, it is our desire to compete to the best of our ability.
Each athlete is encouraged to build a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ, with family and with the community.
• “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.” Luke 2:52
Each athlete is encouraged to take care of his or her body and to develop their God-given physical skills.
• “What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?” I Cor. 6:19
Each athlete is encouraged to do his or her best to promote sportsmanship and unity on their team, in their home and in their neighborhood.
• “With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Eph. 4:2-3
Each athlete is encouraged to give his or her best effort to honor Jesus Christ and help the team achieve victory.
• “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31
Each athlete is encouraged to have a proper attitude while competing. The development of a Christ-like attitude will ensure a proper influence on teammates and those in the community.
• “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” Proverbs 4:23
- FCCS is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), and is subject to all the rules and regulations of this organization.
- We are a member of the Fellowship of Christian Sports and Activities (FCAPPS) for state participation in Six Man Football.
- Students are required to have an up-to-date physical and a 2.0 GPA in order to participate in athletics.
- FCCS currently offers a full school year of competitive athletics with Fall, Winter, and Spring sports. There are six male and five female sports.
|Middle School Football||Middle School Boy’s Basketball||Track and Field|
School Colors: Royal blue, light grey and white